Formerly known as Sun Stone and Christ Stone, Bloodstone is an ancient treasure with uses dating back over five thousand years to Mesopotamia. In antiquity, bloodstone is referred to as heliotrope (the sunstone) evolving from the Greek ‘helios’ meaning sun and ‘trepien” to attract.
Bloodstone carries the energy of purity, vitality, passion, courage, and life. In ancient times warriors often carried amulets of bloodstone as a symbol of protection and as a tool to cure diseases. Bloodstone promotes truth, courage, strength. Its link to life, blood, and restoration bears a long list of benefits for both emotional and physical wellness.
- This good luck stone is believed to bring good health, a long life, wealth, and riches to its holder.
- Bloodstone is a protection against bullying, verbal or physical abuse. It can be used to bring courage and comfort.
- The stone heightens intuition and stimulates creativity.
- Invigorates the system and can help to rejuvenate and restore energy following illness or exhaustion.
- Bloodstone boosts the immune system and can be used to aid in blood disorders such as leukemia, anemia, and infections.
- Fuels endurance and energy levels and is a fantastic tool for athletes.
- Associated with life and birth, bloodstone is a great tool for expecting mothers as well as with menstrual pains, menopause, and PMS.
Want to include some bloodstone into your daily life? Check out these designs for men and women!